Name: Mark Ruffalo
Height: 5` 9″
Birth Date: November 22, 1967
Birth Place: Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA
Profession: actor, director, producer, writer
Education: First Colonial High School in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Stella Adler Conservatory in LA
Husband/Wife: Sunrise Coigney (actress; born on September 17, 1972; married in June 2000)
Father: Frank Ruffalo (construction painter; divorced)
Mother: Maria Ruffalo (hair stylist)
Sister: Tania Ruffalo and Nicole Ruffalo (both are hairdresser)
Brother: Scott Ruffalo (hairdresser)
Son: Keen Ruffalo (born in 2001)
Daughter: Bella Ruffalo (born in May 2005)
Daughter: Odette Ruffalo (born in October 2007)
Claim to fame: as Terry in Kenneth Lonergan’s You Can Count on Me (2000)
- Ruffalo and his wife have welcomed their third child, a baby girl. (October 2007)
- Ruffalo and his wife, Sunrise Coigney, are expecting their third child. (September 11, 2007)
- Has signed on to play an undercover cop in THE BRASS WALL. (September 16, 2005)
- Nominated for Best Musical Performance at MTV Movie Awards for 13 GOING ON 30 (2005)
- Bartended for nearly a decade while trying to break in to show business
- Benicio Del Toro was a fellow student at the Stella Adler drama school in Los Angeles.
- Father was a construction painter and mother a hairstylist. Both are Italian-Americans and later divorced. His three siblings — Scott, Tania and Nicole — are all hairdressers.
- He was set to appear in SIGNS (2002) but had to drop out when he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. His part in SIGNS (2002) went to Joaquin Phoenix. The brain tumor Mark was diagnosed with was found to be benign. Following brain surgery, he has fully recovered after suffering from a partial facial paralysis.
- In an interview with Moviemaker magazine, he claims to have made 800 auditions in his lifetime before making it big.